Steak Peppers And Mushroom Kabobs
The sirloin steak that this recipe uses cooks to a mouth watering tenderness. Since your veggies are on the kabobs, a side of rice is suggested. You can also barbeque this if you prefer.
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 large bell pepper, green, red or yellow bell, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 12 large mushrooms
- 6 ounce long-grain/wild-rice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 metal skewers, about 12 inches long
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Trim the fat from the beef steak; cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces. In a large bowl, whisk together the seasoning ingredients; add beef, bell pepper, and mushrooms, tossing to coat.
2 Alternately thread pieces of beef, bell pepper, and mushrooms on each of four 12-inch metal skewers. Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
3 Broil the kabobs 9 to 12 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt. Serve kabobs with rice.