Sirloin Steak Beef Stroganoff
This savory, and hearty, sirloin steak recipe will melt in your mouth. The juicy and tender sirloin steak strips are, without a doubt, the star of this simple recipe.
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut in thin strips
- 1 can (3 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (10 oz.) beef broth
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Coat the beef strips with 1 tablespoon flour and salt. Brown the beef strips quickly in 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the meat and mushrooms from the pan.
2 Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan drippings; blend in 3 tablespoons of flour. Add tomato paste, and then stir in the broth. Stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
3 Return the meat and mushrooms to the skillet. Stir in the sour cream. Cook slowly until heated through. Do not boil.
4 Serve over hot buttered noodles.